Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday 20.5: Clean, metcon

Monday. Clean 3-3-3-3-3, metcon of cleans, box jumps and push-ups.

Back in Finland! It was an awesome trip to Barcelona, Spain with family; Pauliina and her parents. It was my father-in-law's 60 year birthday trip and we got the chance to celebrate it yesterday by watching FC Barcelona's last home game at Camp Nou stadium, one of the most legendary of them all. It was spectacular as after the game the trophy was given to the team for winning "La Liga". The atmosphere was indescribable.






Strength. Clean 3-3-3-3-3 (70, 80, 85, 87.5, 90kg). Two hours after landing in Helsinki, I was back at home Box doing my thing. I got some accumulated energy that needed to be focused on crossfit. I took clean triples. Thought it would be smart to take it easy after the flight but once I grabbed the barbell, it was pretty obvious it's not gonna happen. It felt good!!! And I wanted to go heavier.

I was able to power clean the set of 85 as such. On the 87.5kg I had to take the second and third as squat cleans. And obviously on the 90kg all three of them. I've been squat cleaning lately so this was an important clean day for me as I noticed I'm able to power clean heavy loads as well. And going for 3 reps at 90kg was sick. I dropped the barbell between reps but still, that's heavy for me.

Metcon. For quality

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 hang power clean
  • 10 box jumps, 61cm
  • 15 push-ups

I didn't put the clock running, still I did it with speed. I decided to perform the cleans as power cleans from hang position to make it tougher, 25 reps in total. 50 box jumps to add some cardio and 75 push-ups as I wrote earlier that I must keep on adding this one to my programming more frequently. That's not too easy movement for me when high-rep scheme comes into play. Muscular endurance on push-ups is in its infancy so I got to keep on improving on that one.

This was a good quick workout to get some blood running in my body. Haven't done proper metcons in a week because of the trip. I worked out on some days and focused on cardio and handstand skills but I really missed the barbell. I'm glad I have an understanding girlfriend who let's me train on a daily basis.

Toni's workouts. Strength: deadlift, clean, c&j.
  • Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3-3 (120, 120, 120, 130, 130, 130kg)
  • Clean 5-5-5-5-5 (all sets 60kg)
  • Clean & jerk 5-5-5-5 (30sec rest between sets)
  • 1k row, time 3.40
I heard Toni did strength training today. He's traveling in Oulu, in northern Finland for 2 weeks. He's found a new gym back there and has focused on strength training and some bodyweight metcons. At his home he's made some purchases. The barbell has arrived and soon I guess he'll get some plates as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment