Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday 4.12: Front squat + Grace

Tuesday. Front squat (max PR 120kg). Grace (50kg), time 3.10.

I had planned to wake up eagerly and go to the gym. For some reason I slept too late and had to hurry myself on the way. No prob, I had enough time to do some PR's with Toni & Joni =) I went for front squats and hero called Grace. Toni did took bench press, front squat and Grace, Joni concentrated in front squat.

Toni front squatting

Strength. 2-2-2-2-f (90, 100, PR 115, PR 120, f 125kg).

Yeah baby! I wanted to see how much further I could push it with front squats so I took doubles to new digits. I was pumping it with Joni who also managed to squat his new PR of 110kg. I took sets of 90 and 100kg. My previous max was 112.5kg. We thought we put 107.5kg on the bar but after having done my squats I realized there were 115kg, a little miscalculation so to say :) Luckily this way and not downwards. I new it already at 100kg that it's going well today. That 115kg PR lift was easy two rep set so I added it to 120kg and took it up twice as well. I got greedy and wanted to add bets, plates worth 125kg came down but not up. Hey, 7.5kg improve on the max load of my front squat, damned I felt strong!

Front squat, 120kg

Toni shared his old record in bench press with 95kg and front squatted 90kg, which also happens to be his max, dating back to week 47.

Grace. I modified to 50kg. Time 3.10. Grace = 30 x clean & jerk.

This was the third time we've done Grace. First time was 7th September, my time was 5.40, on the same day I PR'd my front squat to 95kg. Hmm, 25kg up in three months time, guess that's ok. Mid-October we took a pair wod with Toni, Double-Grace, and we timed it 5.50. Today my time was 3.10 with same weights, 50kg on the barbell. Next time there are no options, better upgrade it to Rx'd weights, 60kg.

I took 5 sets of 6 reps to reach 30 reps in total. It was mentally easier to go in sets rather than push to the limits and then struggle to the end. I planned to do 6 reps a minute but because my first set was done in about 25 seconds and it didn't feel that bad, I decided to go further rather quickly. I was done two rounds little after one minute. On the second round the bar started to feel heavier and rest periods didn't make their purpose anymore. After fourth round I didn't rest much - at least it didn't feel like it - because goal line was looming somewhere ahead. I pushed through in 3.10 and improved my time with 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Grace, Don

After I finished, Toni got a boost and wanted to have piece of this girl as well. He had same strategy of 6x5 reps which proved to be a success for both of us. The first time Toni did Grace with 40kg and timed it 4.09. Today he went with 50kg and clock stopped at 4.04.

Grace, Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment